Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Social Media/ Web2.0 Group Discussion Exercises

1. I think that professional production values will continue to drop due to "homegrown" advertisements. I believe this to be true because of the fact that the more people are able to contribute, the more people will. Many of these people will have little to no experience on the subject and create amateur TV shows and advertisements. As for high-end companies, such as Lexus or Mercedes, I do not believe they would give in to user-created advertisements, for fear that this would make their product look more "cheap."

2. Article: Lost in Translation
http://www.forbes.com/2010/02/17/tencent-gree-cyworld-technology-personal-social-networking.html">http://www.forbes.com/2010/02/17/tencent-gree-cyworld-technology-personal-social-networking.html

Tags I would use are:
Facebook
MySpace
Twitter
European Union
Tecent QQ
China
SK Telecom
Japan
United States

I found that the tags I used were similar to the ones on the article. However, I feel that the tags depend on the person doing the tagging. Some things may seem more important to one person, but less important to another. I found that the main difference between our tags was that in my article they tagged people's names, which I tagged none of.

3. Transparency is an important part of social media because it improves the world of user-generated content and social networking by making it more trustworthy. If people did not trust the websites they are putting their information into, the websites would not and could not exist. It is important in both the online and offline world because online, transparency is the key ingredient to social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Offline, transparency is important because it enables us to create more personal relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment